A: Most activations are complete within 30 minutes, however, during peak periods please allow up to 24 hours for these transactions to complete.
A: You will first need to purchase a Woolworths Mobile sim.
- Click the Activate link on this website and enter the sim number in the sim field.
- Click 'Yes' for 'Do you want to transfer your current mobile number'?
- Enter your mobile number.
- In the Current Mobile Number field select either 'Other – transfer my pre-paid service' or 'Other – transfer my post-paid service'.
- If you have a pre-paid service enter you date of birth.
- If you have a post paid service enter your account number.
- Check both the Transfer acknowledgement check boxes.
A: Credit expires on recharge or after 45 days, whichever is the earlier. There is no rollover available on credit.
A: Yes. You will be able to receive calls for up to 6 months after the credit has expired.
A: Yes, you can use 000 or the universal number 112 for emergency services. You will not be charged for these calls and will be able to use them in an emergency even if you don't have credit.
A: To use your prepaid mobile overseas you must ensure that international (global) roaming is activated on your mobile phone. Optus refers to this feature as AutoRoam, with AutoRoam active you can do the following whilst overseas: (where available).
- Make and receive voice calls
- Check your voicemail
- Send and receive SMS and MMS
- Send and receive email
- Access Mobile Internet in participating countries
A: Using your mobile phone overseas can be expensive, as data and calls are charged differently to how they are at home. All roaming charges are excluded from your cap's included value. This means that roaming charges will deducted from your recharge or credit value (i.e. $29 or $49).
- Check you have roaming activated on your handset.
- When you arrive in the country select automatic or manual network selection on the handset.
A: Use My Account to keep a tab on your usage whilst overseas
- Switch off data connection settings from your handset to avoid high data roaming costs. Refer to your handset instruction booklet for instruction on disabling data settings. You can do this by going to 'Settings' on your phone.
- Switch off any data 'Push' or 'Pull' settings (eg. automatic retrieval of email).
- Switch off any unnecessary diversions to or from your mobile (including to voicemail.
- Use your screen/key-pad lock feature to avoid any unintended/unauthorised calls/SMS.
- iPhone users can block their phone from using data when overseas: Go to: Settings > General > Network > Switch "Data Roaming" and "Cellular Data" Off.
A: Before you leave Australia, to activate or deactivate AutoRoam call 1509 (free from your Woolworths Mobile). The service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Optus team will confirm your roaming status via SMS. Once you've received this SMS switch your mobile off then on again to refresh your network access.
- If you're already overseas
- To activate or deactivate AutoRoam from overseas, call customer care on + 61 2 8082 5678 from an alternate phone service.
Note: Pre-Paid Mobiles normally have international roaming active by default. To confirm call 1509 (Free from your Optus or Woolworths Mobile).
Activate GPRS Internet using your mobile. If you don't have access to the internet, you can activate GPRS using your phone: SMS 'SET' to 738 from your pre-paid mobile phone.
- You'll receive data settings that you need to save or activate to your handset.
- Switch your handset off and on to activate GPRS settings.
Your SIM card number can be located on the last page of your SIM booklet underneath your SIM card. There is copy on this page that states 'Your prepaid SIM card number' so you can easily identify this number on the page. Your SIM booklet is located in your $2 Woolworths Mobile SIM pack.
My Account allows you to:
- View your usage and balance
- Recharge your service
- Set up Auto recharge
A: Yes, 27 cents for each call.
A: Contact your previous service provider to unlock your handset. They will provide you with a set of instructions on how to unlock your handset.
A: To cancel a Premium SMS subscription, use one of the following options:
- Reply using the word 'STOP' to the number you're receiving the messages from.
- Call the 1300 number in the text message you're receiving.
A: A full version of our complaint handling policy can be found on our website at optus.com.au or you may request a copy by contacting Customer Service. You may nominate a representative to speak to us on your behalf.
Optus will not charge you for handling your complaint. You may contact us via one of the methods provided, or by speaking to the staff at our stores.
The quickest way to resolve your complaint is by speaking with one of our consultants. If they are unable to solve your problem a manager will take responsibility for your issue. A record of your complaint is kept on your file and we can view this when you quote the account or service number on your bill. If you have written to us or emailed, we will respond to your complaint within 2 working days of receipt and provide you with an indication of how long it will take to resolve. We will not implement a resolution unless you have accepted it.
If our consultants or managers are not able to resolve your concerns we will refer your complaint to our Customer Relations Group and you will receive a complaint reference number.
We will give priority to urgent complaints, such as those referred by our financial hardship team and where a customer has lost service, or we become aware that a service may become lost. If you feel your complaint is urgent and requires priority for any other reason, please let us know.
If you are not satisfied with our review of your complaint, or with the way in which we have handled the complaint, you can ask the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) to assist. To lodge a complaint with the TIO you can call 1800 062 058 (1800675692 from a TTY handset) or contact them via their website www.tio.com.au